By Nine Life Land Acupuncture
1. Acupuncture guides your own energy to regulate your internal organ systems and rebalance your energy channels. Please do not come to your treatment just after eating a heavy meal or on an empty stomach. Be aware: no energy, no treatment outcomes.
2. Please don’t drink alcohol or coffee before or after acupuncture treatments as these may affect the flow of your energy.
3. If you are coming for pain relief, it is necessary for us to know your pain level and where your pain is. Better not take painkillers prior to your visit.
4. Your tongue and your pulse are the mirrors that reflect the state of your internal organs. You may be asked to show your tongue and have your pulse taken. This helps us to make a diagnosis to determine the best treatment plan for you. Please do not eat colourful food that could affect your tongue colour, Make-up can also make it difficult for us to observe the natural state of your face.
5. Better wear loose clothing so that sleeves/pant legs can be rolled up above your elbows/knees if necessary.
6. Try to avoid scheduling acupuncture treatment before or after something really strenuous. Also avoid sandwiching — squeezing in acupuncture immediately between two other events.
7. Any significant medical events in your life are an aspect for TCM diagnosis, so please don’t feel embarrassed if we question you about various topics regarding your health and lifestyle. This will help us assess your overall health and to develop a suitable treatment plan for you.
8. During the treatments, please turn off or mute your phone (not on vibrate). This helps you to be in a peaceful state of mind, to feel how your own energy systems align with the treatment, and will help you obtain the greatest benefit from treatments.
9. Please ensure that you are not thirsty and have been to the toilet before your appointment. We recommended that you drink warm water before and after acupuncture treatments, this promotes the positive function of your energy systems.
10. Acupuncture needles are much thinner than hypodermic needles. If the idea of needles turns you off, keep in mind that acupuncture needles are about the width of one to three strands of hair and are actually quite flexible. It is quite common for patients to feel very relaxed and even doze off during treatment! The more relaxed you are the better the outcomes.